Ted Sokolowski's Video Tips and Tricks... More Coming... Starting in July!
Signature grind Finesse Scrapers: How to Clean-up Your Forms & Add a Great Finish to Your Woodturning
Using finesse scrapers can add a sense of volume, fluidity, & sensuality to your woodturning. This video debunks the myth that scraping is “taboo” in woodturning.
Starting in July I will be shooting helpful video tips and uploading them later this year onto this page. The information I will be covering will be anything from helping you to “see” your work better at the lathe to maintaining your lathe and much more. If you have suggestions on topics you’d like to see, please don’t hesitate to email me and let me know of your concerns. I will try to accomodate all questions that have a broad appeal to wood turners.
- Topics will include:
- Drilling straight holes on the lathe. Pitfalls and how to fix them.
- How to turn spalted maple with great results.
- Turning Life: Adding sensuous curves to wood turning.
- Backgrounds and lighting
- Transporting your turnings safely to and from craft shows.
- Carve Lines with “Life”.
- How to Sharpen a Forstner Bit.
- Adding Volume and Gravity to Turnings.
- Woodturning Myths
- How to sharpen a Bandsaw Blade.
- How to cut your costs on Bandsaw Blades.
- Quality of Line
- Contrast, Weight, Timing?